Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Monday, January 26, 2015

A Powerful Man of Prayer--Kind David




I’m amazed by the prayers of David. Never before have my eyes been opened to the Psalms as they have since attending Parkland Chapel.

As an example, Psalm twenty-six is only twelve verses long, yet reveals so much more than I ever realized. Pastor Mike explained that in the first six verses David is telling us how to worship. We must walk in integrity and separate ourselves from evil doers.

When taking a close look at your life, if there are people (whether or not they profess to be Christians), that aren’t walking with the Lord or at least seeking a closer walk with Him and living the opposite of God’s instructions, then separate yourself, and “…wash your hands in innocency:  so will I compass thine altar, O Lord.” Notice David ends with a call to sanctification.

In the next verses, seven and eight, David describes the true exercise of worship. We should love to tell the story, (Jesus’) story. We should also love to spend time at God’s house. Go where God’s honor dwells and be filled and restored.

And verses nine through eleven prepares us for worship. David called on God’s grace, forgiveness, redemption and mercy. Then ended the Psalms in verse twelve with a declaration of assurance.

My prayer today is that I would learn to pray like David. I want to be so immersed in my prayer time that I consider the full spiritual aspects of this life and the power given to me. I want to pray with assurance, knowing that this weapon can destroy the plans of Satan, foul the traps of his demons and fully protect God’s people.

No comments:

Post a Comment