Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Thursday, May 9, 2013

Not How to Mud Drywall

While currently working on Rivalry and Romance in Mammoth Spring, (a historical short story) I'm also mudding drywall and painting rooms for our girls. You know, pride is a funny thing. It creeps up on you before you sometimes realize it. For example, as I was mudding with lumpy, old mud, I was beginning to feel mighty proud of myself of how smooth, smooth, smooth my walls were. I even thought that if they did a reality-tv show of non-professional people and gave them 3 days to complete a room, I might take home the prize.

Reality check. The primer hid things really well. So it wasn't until we applied high gloss pink paint that my bubble was burst. Ugly, clumpy looking forms stared back at me in horror. I stood aghast. What could I say after all my confident thoughts and yes, there were a few semi-boastful comments that I assured myself were only said in amazement of how well I was doing, (being an amateur and all).

Today I feel humbled. Not only are the walls far from perfect, but high gloss paint, in colors pink and kiwi green do not go on well . . . no matter how many coats you apply. (those colors are in separate rooms btw)

I Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time."

Lesson learned:  I cannot determine the time in which to exalt my talents . . . or lack of.

No comments:

Post a Comment