Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Blog Hop/Cherished Stranger


A Blog Hop

Are you ready to be introduced to some new authors through a Blog Hop? Here’s how it works: I’m going to answer ten questions, then at the bottom, I’ll be adding links to several authors I’d like you to meet on January 18th.
What is the working title of your book?
Cherished Stranger is volume four of The Ozark Durham Series. In this story, Lucy Durham brings her sponsor child from Romania, and the girl's father, to her farm here in the U.S.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
This book tackles two spiritual messages. The first brings awareness to the need for child sponsorship and the often brutal truth of poverty. The idea came to me through our sponsorship of two children and their needs. After further research I learned about the horrific reality of sex trafficking and knew I could do something about it. Even if this book only grows one more sponsor or one more dedicated supporter of women's rights in third-world countries, it has done its job. But I believe God has bigger plans for it.
With the second spiritual message I wanted to awaken readers to the importance of a Christ centered church. This desire stemmed from personal experience. Today's churches are changing, and they're not all going in the right direction. I hope Lucy's experiences will warn them if they happen to be in a similar situation.

What genre does your book fall under?
This inspirational suspense romance also involves a stalker who leaves the reader wondering of his true identity and motives. This was a lot of fun to write. As with all my suspense novels, the ideas come to me as I write. Sometimes they even scare me!

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I pictured two different actors while working on this project. From the very beginning, I pictured Reese Witherspoon as my heroine. I combined her spunky attitude from a film she starred in with another character she played from a different film for Lucy's personality. And for my hero, I pictured a young Liam Neeson. (Don't know if I spelled his name correctly.) His accent and soft spoken voice helped me picture my foreigner, Dorin, for this novel.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
 A Missouri farm girl and a prideful Romanian clash from the start, but when a stalker threatens their safety selfish ambitions are tossed to the side.
 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

This novel took me about six months to write. I subbed it to my critique group during that time, chapter by chapter.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Her Reluctant Hero by Jeanette Green as it shares the same category of genre but isn't from the mainstream tradebacks.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

God and His love for all creation.


What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

The snake scene where Lucy picks up the milk snake and throws it out the door--that came from my own experience! I'll confess though, my snake didn't make it out alive.

Learn more about Regina at reginatittel.com and follow her at The Ozark Durham Series on facebook or @reginatittel on twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment