Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to Format


The making of my study guide.

This was not for the faint of heart. I found out too far in to this project that my heart couldn't call faint. Shucks. It was a lot, I repeat, a lot of hard work. But if you purchase this study guide, you will see it was well worth it.

To start with, I opened the preferred clipart in photo shop adobe. Since a bleed to edge 6x9 document needs a 6.125 x 9.25 format, I copied the middle of my clip art (without the scroll work) and stretched it to fit. I then pasted the chosen full clipart on top to the size that would allow me to keep any of the scroll work from being cut off. This took a lot of trial and error. I would save it and load it into createspace's interior reviewer and check how close I was.

But I'm jumping ahead. I pasted the clipart on top of the enlarged background clipart. I also saved this two ways. One as right side, then I flipped it horizontally and saved it as the left side. That gave the nice effect of the scroll work coming out of the binding on both sides. Note: I saved them as jpegs, high/8.

From there, I opened my study guide in word document, I selected 'insert picture.' Depending on which side of the document I was saving this to would determine right or left picture. I had to do this to every page, individually. I'm sure there is an easier way, but to have the right and left pictures, this was the only way I found to work with what I had.

After the picture is inserted, click 'wrap text' in your tool bar then, 'behind text.' This enables your pre-typed words to show over the top of the picture. If a text box doesn't show over it, click on the edge of the text box, then click 'grouping' and choose 'order,' 'bring to front.'

I saved this finally as a pdf.
The study guide will be available for purchase through my website www.reginatittel.etsy.com some time next wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment