Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Saturday, November 12, 2011

How To Make a Book Cover Using Photoshop Adobe


To capture the effects on my cover, I opened the picture in Photoshop adobe. Under special effects in the panel on the right, I clicked on photo effects then text panel.  A filmy box appeared on my photo from which I resized to create the long, narrow borders above and below my title box. I also used the same method for the title box. But for the narrow bars, I picked up the color in the hero's work uniform and by selecting paint bucket, changed the color to what you see.
By clicking on text, I was able to select the font I wanted to use. For the title, I used Lucinda Calligraphy, and I believe I used Cambria for the series. My name is in Kunstler Script
On the back panel, the boxed information you see is made from one smaller text box overlapping the other. With something like this, you sometimes have to merge layers before your text will show up. I recommend saving each step in its own file. That way, if there's ever a problem and you have to go back in and make changes, you won't have to start from scratch. (By the way, 'merge layers' is at the top in your tool bar under, layers.)
If you're using Create Space, I recommend using their templates. You'll be directed how to do this as you add a new book. It's easy to use, once you fill in how many pages your book is and what size you want it to be, the program will select the proper size template you need. It will look like a white book cover with an inset of dotted lines. You don't want your text outside of these dotted lines as that's where they cut. Once you download it, open it in Photoshop and you're well on your way.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment