Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Monday, October 10, 2011

Understanding Your Smashword Sales

For those who are confused with their sales at Smashwords, here is what I've figured out. When I have a sale from B&N that has gone through Smashwords with my ebook priced at .99:


.29 goes to the retailer (B&N)

.09 goes to Smashwords

.61 goes to me

If I sell a book directly from Smashwords, here's the breakdown for my .99 ebook:

.10 goes to Smashwords

.33 goes  to Smashwords for transaction fee

.56 goes to me

At Smashwords, you need to have accumulated at least $10 in order to be paid and they pay quarterly into a paypal account. You can have them pay you with a check, but you must accumulate a much higher amount in sales before they pay. Something like $75 I think.

I hadn't thought I was selling much through them, and I'm not at Smashwords themselves, but through their affiliate program I am. Most of my sales from Barnes and Noble have been made through Smashwords. You can find this on the left side of your dashboard, click, Sales & Payment History and scroll down.

No comments:

Post a Comment