Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome, Jacki Layton!

I'd like to welcome Jackie Layton this week as our guest on "a mustard seed of faith." Jacki is a member of one of my critique groups and an astounding writer. I rarely feel I've helped her when I critique one of her submittals as her writing is so clean and always a great read!

Did you always like to write?

I always liked to read. I remember writing stories and songs as a child. In the summer the kids in the neighborhood would create a play and perform it in my backyard in the summers. When my children were small, I’d make up stories for them.

How long have you been writing and has it always been romance?

I’ve played with the desire to write for years, but two years ago I decided if I was ever going to write I better get serious. I began writing and joined ACFW. I write romance and romantic suspense.

How do you work it in around family?

At first I wrote in carpool lines and sports practice then when I had time I’d get it on my home computer. Last year my family surprised me with a laptop, and I’ve become more efficient with my time. My youngest son just started college, and I’m hoping to find more time to write around my day job. I’ve teased my husband that I’m going to quit cooking which will save me tons of time.

Do you devote some time to write each day and how much?

Each week I try to plan daily goals depending on my work schedule. If we’re not leaving town for some reason, I write every day. Some days I’m up at 5:30 to check on e-mails so when I get home from work I can concentrate on my current story.

Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us?

I have a brother, husband and two sons. I’ve had to learn about sports to be able to communicate with all the men in my family. Over the years I’ve become a huge University of Georgia football fan. I’m a Georgia graduate and my husband went to the University of Kentucky. SEC football is a big deal at my house, and I’m not afraid to hang my UGA flag on the back deck even though we live in the heart of wildcat country.

Do you have a purpose to your writing and/or is it used as a therapy tool?

The purpose of my writing is to glorify God. I hope if I’m ever published my stories will draw readers closer to God.

Thank you, Jacki, for stopping by and sharing with us! May God bless you on your road to publication!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie! I'm glad to learn more about you. Like Regina, I love your writing. You'll be published soon if you send the proposals. I believe God has a purpose for each of our stories. We just need to trust Him to work it out. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed getting to know you better Jackie. You're a very good writer so keep writing. I'm looking forward to the day can point to your book and brag that I knew you back when.

    ReplyDelete