Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Marketing by Word of Mouth

Word of mouth can be a very productive advertising tool. Since my interviews came out in the local papers, more and more people are buying my book and asking when the second one will be available. Gosepeland has sold six in the last month. At a friend's birthday party, I sold five with requests for more. Friends and family are telling others about my books and requesting them as gifts. So can you see the benefit?

To add to this excitement is the latest opportunity that has come up. Because of a chance meeting in a park and a friend of the family, copies of my signed book will be available for sell at Pioneer Days in Marquand, MO. Pioneer Days is this town's annual fall festival. I was asked to do book signings but am unavailable for that weekend. Instead, I offered they could keep $2 of every sale to go to support their town park if they wanted to make my books available.

The opportunities are boundless. Never overlook where you got your start. Your hometown is the best place to grow as an author. Not only are they your best encouragers, but it feels great to be able to give back to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment