Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Friday, September 2, 2011

I AM A HOUSEWIFE

I've only written two things of note before I began writing my novels. Eleven years ago, I wrote one poem and one song. The poem was written to encourage those wanting to stay home with their children. It is as follows:


I AM A HOUSEWIFE

I am a housewife, I can say that with pride

Conquering the world in a laid back stride



The occupations I seek

Vary as valleys to mountain peaks



The chores of the house are a little dull

But when accompanied by prayer I feel confident and full




That a home cooked meal is never too much



A gardener is yet another trait

For a stay-at-home mom who fixes the plate



Tomato, potato, and greenbean seeds

Are just some of the starters we wives need



That brings me to another interesting point

The hoe and spade is work for our joints



Strong as an ox, we're ready to bare

the work from our Lord, that's part of our share



Now I could go on about construction and mechanics

But as for you wives, I don't want you to panic



We already rate near the top of the chart

So all of our secrets we need not to impart



Only to encourage those in heartache and strife

To step into our world of love for this life



                                                                God and R.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment