Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Friday, August 19, 2011

The Rewards of Marketing

Do any of you need encouragement? Are some of you lacking the self-confidence to promote yourselves?

Let me address the second issue first. (And yes, I will get around to the 'reward' part of this.) I'm the type of person who gets nervous around other people. I'm like a nervous little hummingbird inside. After scheduling my first three book signing, you can imaging the mess I was. Then I heard a Christian comedian on a dvd make this statement, "I realized, it's not about me . . . "

I remember commenting out loud, "Duhh." Then I realized I needed to learn that, too. If I was truly doing this for God, then I shouldn't be so nervous---because it's not about me. Simply put, I don't have to prove myself to anyone, I don't need to worry with what they think. God has paved the way for me. From that moment on, I've attended my other marketing ventures with the confidence of a seasoned author.

Now for the encouragement part. You remember all those press releases and available for interview forms I encouraged you to send out? Well, for me, it's starting to pay off. Today, I was asked for an interview from a neighboring newspaper editor! Whew hoo!

Also, two stores have agreed to carry my books on consignment and schedule book signings; Gospeland in Cape Girardeau and The Oasis Bookstore in Farmington.

I've distributed posters to all the areas I'm scheduled for signings and am also posting smaller versions with an invitation for everyone to share in my celebration and list each book signings' location and time.

Let me know when these steps pay off for you. I'd love to celebrate with you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment