Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Monday, August 22, 2011

Marketing/Church Contact Letter

Check in later this week. We'll have a guest blogger tell us about herself and her writing. Jamie is one of my superb crit partners and a wonderful person. She'll be happy to answer any questions you may have so don't be afraid to ask!

Now to the business side of this post. My husband and I are creating a study packet to accompany my book, Abandoned Hearts, along with a purity ring. We're approaching church youth groups to get a feel for how much interest there would be in using fiction as a means to convey the subject of abstinence. Following is a trial letter I typed up. Following that, is the 'good' one my husband typed and the one we used!!

Dear Pastor,


I'm a local author from Patton and have recently published a book dealing with the subject of abstinence under the guise of inspirational fiction. In Abandoned Hearts, I take the reader to a place of physical temptation that most any dating teenager can relate to and show them how to step back and why they should. I've always been passionate about the support of abstinence and wanted to provide a new approach to conveying this timely message.

We are currently taking a survey to gather interest in a packet that would include the book, an accompanying study guide and a purity ring while keeping costs as low as possible.

Please look for an email from me that will include a free eversion of Abandoned Hearts, a copy of reviews it has received and other related material.
I'll follow up with a call or you may contact me at reginatittel@gmail.com or by calling (#).

Thank you for your time.

(Here's the good one)

Hawse Pipe Ministries August 20, 2011


Regina L. Tittel

address



Dear Pastor,

You may be familiar with "True love waits" or a similar purity ceremony for teens and young adults. As an advocate for abstinence, I support training the next generation in the importance of purity in an increasingly immoral culture.

I am a local author from Patton and have recently published an inspirational novel which conveys practical methods to overcome the temptations faced by the hero and heroine who have fallen in love. In Abandoned Hearts, I take the reader to a place of physical temptation that dating teenagers and young adults can relate to. The reader is shown how to recognize temptation, how to step back and why they should through the realistic situations of the characters presented in this book. I have always been passionate about the support of abstinence before marriage and wanted to provide a new approach to conveying this timely message.

My husband and I are developing a packet containing a copy of Abandoned Hearts, a study guide and a purity ring as a small group study kit appropriate for teen to college age young ladies or single adults. We are currently making inquiries to local churches to see if there is an interest in this approach. Please understand that our intent is not to solicit business, but rather to bring another useful tool into the body of Christ for the teaching, correction and training of His people so that Christ may be glorified through pure, lasting, and meaningful relationships.

Please look for an email from me that will include a free eversion of Abandoned Hearts, a copy of reviews it has received and other related material.

If you, or others within your church family, have led small group studies on this subject, or have participated in purity ceremonies, this material may be a great resource for you. If you have questions or comments, you may contact me at any time.

Sincerely,



Regina L. Tittel

address and ph. #

E-mail: reginatittel@gmail.com

Some of you expressed interest in seeing what we would use to reach out to potential buyers. I hope this is helpful to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment