Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catalog Information Sheet and Guest Notice for author, Mildred Colvin

The step I'm currently taking, after proofing my book and ordering the first 100 copies, is contacting local bookstores. I'm surrounded by small-towns. And it just so happens, that in most of these towns, there is a locally owned bookstore. Thankfully for me, these are Christian. (I live in the Bible-belt!)

I approach each store and ask to speak to the person responsible for deciding which books to carry. If that person isn't there, I leave with a business card and the particular name of whom I need to speak with. Last week, I stopped by Gospeland. The person in charge told me I needed to drop off a book for review. As soon as my shipment is in, I'll not only take her a book for review, but I will also include a catalog sheet, (that is in case a bookstore puts out a personal catalog, some of the stores I approach are privately owned and may do this, if not, I have it ready to send to catalogs---but that's a different step all together!). Along with the catalog sheet will be my press release, a copy of reviews from readers (if you don't have any yet, write a mock review),  and a schedule of my book signings.

Before I deliver my product, I'll call to make sure the person I want to see will be available. The more face time I can get, the better I up my odds. I'll dress respectable and pray that God will speak through me (so I don't mess up!).

So let's review what I have to do before my books come in:
1) schedule book signings (I now have the date of my books' arrival)
2) send out press releases to every local radio and tv network
3) put together packets of info to take to bookstores
4) decide on clothing ahead of time for signings and other book engagements (less stress)
5) remember anything I might have forgotten

No, I haven't forgotten. Here's a copy of my catalog sheet:


CATALOG  INFORMATION  SHEET


TITLE:  Abandoned Hearts/The Ozark Durham Series

Author:  Regina Tittel

ISBN-13:  978-1463620271

ISBN-10:  1463620276

PUBLISHER:  Regina Tittel

PAGES:  235

About the author:

Regina is a homeschooling mother of two and resides in the nearby town of, Patton. She writes to deliver a message. Each book has a purpose. In Abandoned Hearts, she wants people to understand God still desires us to be pure. Tittel takes the reader to a place of physical temptation they can relate to and shows them how to step back and why they should. It is possible to remain abstinent before marriage in this day and age. But, we need to speak up and encourage our young people, else how will they know?

Brief description of book:

Stranded by flood waters in the heart of the Ozarks, Ann McHaven is forced to stay with a rugged farmer, Jacob Durham. Her original annoyance with him soon turns to attraction. The magnetic pull between them puts her faith to the test as temptations tease her thoughts.

Independent and stubborn, Jacob’s eyes and heart are opened to all he has to lose when a fearless mountain lion turns him into the hunted. Will his life be spared long enough to restore his trust in God, and admit his love for Ann?


(NOTE TO BLOG READERS) Here would be a good place to include your discount schedule. By that, I mean, if a business is willing to order 10 books, are you going to offer them a 40% discount? How about on 30 books and so on. I won't include this section at first because I failed to ask what type of agreement to expect. If, like another store, this one wants to only take 10% of my sales, I'd be shooting myself in the foot to start off offering a larger discount. However, if they later have repeat orders and pay quickly, I might offer a larger discount if they agree to carry my book in regular stock.

Also, be prepared with business cards. The buyer needs contact information for you. They may toss your paper work in the trashcan to save space, so provide a business card for that very reason.

Now, about that Guest Notice. Stop by again on Monday and join in an interview with accomplished inspirational author, Mildred Colvin. Get over your shyness and comment, comment, comment! One of you will win a free eversion of her ebook, A New Life!
Psst, don't be afraid to ask her questions, too. Is there a particular road to publishing that's leaving you stumped? Mildred will be happy to offer her advice based on her many years of experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment