Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting Your Blog Noticed

Now I'm no great blogger, anyone paying attention to the dates of my posts will agree to that. However, I have learned a few things since starting. Such as the use of stats. In stats, it tells how many viewers you've had for each post. Take a look at which posts drew the most attention, which posts drew the second most attention. What was the main subject matter of each? If you want more attention on your blog, perhaps those are the subjects you should concentrate on.

Following is a list of helpful advice I learned online.

1) Tag your post, keywords improve search engine ranking.
2) Post when your readers are most likely to be online. (weekends v/s weekdays)
3) Encourage comments. Have I done that? I love to hear from you, so leave a comment. Your advice helps the blogger.
4) Leave comments on blogs you visit that make yourself known.
5) At the end of the link, add a "related posts thumbnail" plug in.
6) Make sure you choose to have Google automatically pinged when creating your free blog site.

Hope I've been helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Regina, thanks for the advice on blogging. I need help with that, too. I think people forget to check my blog unless I announce something special on email loops, so that's another way to do it. Maybe in time, everyone will start looking without the reminder. Who knows?

    Your blog is so pretty. Great job with it!
    www.mildredcolvin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete