Welcome

Matthew 17:20, my favorite verse. "... If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thanks for reading...

Thanks for stopping by. Now that you’re here, let me tell you a little about my book Abandoned Hearts. Set in the heart of the Ozarks, Abandoned Hearts captures the beauty of our semi-rugged terrain and the numerous tales of cougar sightings. That’s right, around here if you don’t have a story of your own, you can most likely tell your neighbor’s. Everyone has one. So I thought, why not blend that with a romance. Following is an excerpt from my query letter.

***
Ann’s stubbornness to answer the Lord calling her to Missouri cost her more than her job. Stranded by flood waters in the heart of the Ozarks, she soon realizes the only place to stay is with our reluctant hero. Though her initial reaction to him is anything but positive, Ann begins to soften toward Jacob and his children and eventually sees that beneath his callous exterior lays a broken heart and a fear of failing again. Because of the haunting presence of a mountain lion, Ann’s stay is lengthened as she’s needed to watch over the children while the men hunt. Our character’s relationship builds quickly as does their attraction. While they deal with personal fears, and fighting off temptations of the flesh, the menacing lion threatens their lives. As it moves from killing calves to attacking a child, this unwanted beast becomes our character’s living nightmare.

Through edge-of-your-seat scenarios, our hero must battle for his life before tranquility can be restored not only to the farm but also to their hearts. Ultimately, the trial of hunter becoming hunted opens Jacob’s eyes and heart to all he has to lose if he doesn’t restore his trust in God, and fully give his heart to Ann.

***

If you're new to this blog and haven't helped critique this story, give me your opinion. Does this interest you as a read? You can reply at reginatittel@gmail.com

I had so much fun writing this. Writing can be used to entertain, to spread a message, or even as therapy. I used all three. (big smile) I encourage everyone to try their hand at it. Even if it's not a natural gift, writing your thoughts down on paper can be a healing tool. So try it, you never know where it will take you.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Regina! As you said with me, it's fun to finally put a face to a name. :)
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog layout a lot! Very relaxing. Reminds me of being in my garden at home.

    ReplyDelete